The International award program "WCA - World Castles Award"
The International Award program “World Castles Award - WCA” devoted to work on the air from castles, fortresses and other fortification works. It's founded on January, 14th, 2009 by group of Russian radiohams, members of RZ1CWC Radioclub under the aegis of the International Organization “Castles On The Air - COTA”.
The program goal is consolidation of radiohams from different countries for activation and popularization of historical objects – castles, fortresses etc all over the world, learning and maintenance of the historical Heritage in our countries including monuments and architectural constructions relating to fortification.
World Castles Award program includes 11 diplomas, 1 award plate and E-Awards series for QSOs/SWLs with radiostations working from world castles, fortresses etc all over the world.
At present time World Castles Award program cooperates and keeps up a friendly relations with such well-known national castles' and fortresses' award programs as:
- “Belgium Castles Award” (BCA), Belgium
- “Castles and Palaces of Belarus Award” (CPBA), Belarus
- “Castles and Stately Homes On The Air” (CASHOTA), England
- “Castles and Stately Homes On The Air - Ireland” (CASHOTA-EI), Ireland
- “Castles and Stately Homes On The Air - Northern Ireland” (CASHOTA-NI), Northern Ireland
- “Castles On The Air - Croatia” (COTA-9A), Croatia
- “Castles On The Air - The Netherlands” (COTA-PA), The Netherlands
- “Castles On The Air - Russia” (COTA-RU), Russia
- “Castles On The Air - Kazakhstan” (COTA-UN), Kazakhstan
- “Castles On The Air - Latvia” (COTA-YL), Latvia
- “Castles On The Air Team - Germany” (COTA-DL), Germany
- “Czech Castles Award” (CCA), Czech Republic
- “Diploma Castillos de Catalunya” (DCC), Spain
- “Diploma Castillos de Espana” (DCE), Spain
- “Diploma Castillos de Espana 1.0” (DCE 1.0), Spain
- “Diploma dei Castelli d’Italia” (DCI), Italy
- “Diploma dos Castelos e Fortalezas de Portugal " (DCFP), Portugal
- “Diploma Monumentos Historicos Portugueses” (DMHP), Portugal
- “Diplome des Chateaux de la Suisse-Romande” (DCSR), Switzerland
- “Diplome des Forts et Chateaux de France” (DFCF), France
- “Hungarian Castle Series” (HCS), Hungary
- “Imperios do Divino Espirito Santo” (IDES), Azores islands, Portugal
- “Le Diplome des Chateaux Suisse” (DCS-SSD), Switzerland
- “Slovakia Castles Award” (SCA), Slovakia
- “Slovenia World Castles Award” (S5 WCA), Slovenia
- “Romanian Historical Objectives” (RHO), Romania
- “Ukrainian Castles and Fortress Awards” (UCFA), Ukraine
- “Zamki w Polsce” ( ZWP), Poland
Monuments and architectural constructions relating to fortification from countries of Asia, Europe and the South America are present in lists of Historical objects for World Castles Award program.
For the first time the diploma relating to fortification has appeared more than 10 years ago. Now this theme becomes more and more popular. Even more often we hear on the air amateur radio stations working from fortresses. Diplomas, clubs, web-sites of fortresses radiohams-activators are created.
In April, 2009 the official site of World Castles Award program was created. The main goal of them are:
- Information support and announcement of forthcoming expeditions;
- Selection of radio amateur diplomas, references relating to theme of fortification;
- Publication of articles and photoreports about expeditions.
We invite to cooperation the radio amateur organizations, radioclubs, radiohams of all countries to accept active participation, express an interest to historical places within the limits of our hobby. To learn history, to receive good unforgettable impression of work on the air from world fortresses!
de RZ1CWC team.
73 & 11! from Castles and Fortresses in the World!